bcm
Roll No Password
Introduction

BCM stands for Sh. Bahadur Chand Munjal (1886-1960), in Whose sacred memory, BCM College of Education was established in 1998 by BCM foundation owing to the untiring endeavors of Sh. Satyanand Munjal, Co-Chairman and MD, Hero Group of Industries. He has a passion for education and believes that development of country is possible if our youth is educated. Education alone can open opporunties of enlightenment and can generate mankind and transform the society. It is for the attainment of these objectives, we need to give to the society the quality teachers, commited to their work and having a passion for teaching.
Keeping this vision in mind and the persisent need of a co-education college in Ludhaiana City, BCM College of Education was established. Apart from BCM Colllege of Education, BCM Foundation is running the following Schools:
  1. BCM Sr. Sec. School, Sector 32-A, Chandigarh Road, Ludhaiana.
  2. BCM Sr. Sec. School, Focal Point, Ludhaiana.
  3. BCM Sr. Sec. School, Basant Avenue, Durgi, Ludhaiana.
  4. BCM School, Basant City, Pakhowal Road, Ludhaiana.
Other associated institutes run under the chairmanship of Mahatma Satyanand Ji Munjal, President Arya Samaj, Model Town Ludhiana are:
  1. Arya Kanya Gurukul , Shastri Nagar, Ludhiana.
  2. BCM Arya Model Sr. Sec. School, Shastri Nagar, Ludhiana.
  3. RS Model Sr. Sec. School, Shastri Nagar, Ludhiana.
History

BCM College of Education established in 1998, was a dream of Sh. Satyanand Munjal that brought into reality by the untring endeavor of Late Sh. G.P. Khosla, an educationist, whose efforts bore fruit and this co- education B.ED college was granted recognition by National Council for Teacher Education, Jaipur and Permanent affiliation by Punjab University, Chandigarh. Ours is the first Education College of Punjab Under self finance scheme. Piror to the establishment of this college, Ludhiana city had only one B.ED college for women only and that too had 70% seats reserved for rural women.
The college was recognised by UGC under section-2(f) & 12(B) of University Grant Commission Act 1956.
BCM Colllege begun with intial intake of 60 seats to produce efficient and dedicated teachers who worked under the guidance of renowned and seasoned educationist Dr. S.K. Nanada, Founder Principal of the college. The number of seats rose to 120 in the very next year and the number further went to 180 in 2003 and number further went to 280 in 2008. This phenomenal rise clearly indicates the commitment of management and faculty which provides an environment of belongingness and democratic work culture. M.Ed courses was also stared from session 2007-08.
The college got permanently affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh in 2004. The college is housed in an excellent building having an adjoining Hostel for Girl Students.